This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged care services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
THIS COURSE HAS SUBSIDISED PLACES IN VICTORIA
During the course, students complete 120 hours of clinical placement to practice their skills under supervision in a health or community setting. Placement will help students to develop and consolidate skills and knowledge in a clinical environment. Placement also allows students to become familiar with employer expectations and broaden industry understanding.
100% of attendance of placement is required.
A current First Aid certificate is required prior to placement. Students will also need a current Police Check, Working with Children Check and an updated immunisation record. (Any costs associated with these documents are at the students’ expense.)
This placement will be offered at identified provider sites and depends on placement availability.
Enrolment period for this qualification is 24 months*
Note: that the student tuition fees that may be published may be subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Units of Study
The Certificate IV in Ageing Support consists of 18 units: 15 compulsory core units and 3 elective units.
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTHSP006 Assist clients with medication
- CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic diseases
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
INTERESTED AND NEED MORE INFORMATION? CALL 1300 854 987 OR EMAIL ADMIN@AIFL.EDU.AU