This qualification is suitable for those working in various business admin (medical) administration contexts. Individuals may exercise discretion and judgement using appropriate knowledge to provide technical advice and support to a team.
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Records Clerk
- Medical Secretary
- Administration Assistant
- Prior to enrolment, all applicants will be required to complete a literacy, reading and numeracy assessment to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support needs.
- Theory and some assessments delivered online, requiring reasonable computer skills, internet access, email access and research skills.
- AIFL may offer this qualification in a blended mode in selected locations, depending on student numbers.
- Trainer and IT support is available throughout your period of enrolment.
- Students of all abilities are encouraged to apply at any time of the year.
- Enrolment period is 18 months (re-enrolment fees apply), this course can be completed in 12 months.
- Work placement hours required: 80 hours
- We can also find the perfect organisation for you, to fulfil your work placement requirements!
- Please be aware work placement providers may require a current police check, working with children check, First Aid and/or Immunisation records. (Any costs associated with these documents are at the students expense)
BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
BSBMED302 Prepare and process medical accounts
BSBMED303 Maintain patient records
BSBMED305 Apply the principals of confidentiality, privacy and security within a medical environment
BSBMED401 Manage patient record-keeping systems
BSBITU313 Design and produce digital text documents
BSBADM307 Organise schedules
BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
BSBITU304 Design and produce spreadsheets
BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment
Fees and Skills First Funding are current at time of issue and are subject to change
Fees and refunds will be inline with the AIFL Fees and Refunds Policy and Procedure
For concession details please contact the AIFL
Fees exclude GST
* Concession (Commonwealth Health Care Card, Pensioner Card or Veteran’s Gold Card
* Skills First funding is not applicable for this course