This qualification reflects the role of entry level community services workers who support individuals through the provision of person-centred services. Work may include day-to-day support of individuals in community settings or support the implementation of specific community-based programs.
At this level, work takes place under the direction of others and supervision may be direct or indirect. Work may take place in a range of community services organisations.Career Pathway
- Community Care Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Indigenous Support Worker
- Youth Support Worker
- Support roles in the community services and health industry
- Theory and some assessments delivered online (requiring reasonable computer skills, internet access, email access, and research skills).
- AIFL may offer this qualification in a blended learning mode in selected locations, depending on student numbers.
- Trainer and IT support is available throughout your period of enrolment.
- Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers will be offered to all students, as part of the Pre-Training Review Process.
- Please be aware work placement providers may require a current police check, working with children’s check, First Aid and/or immunisation records. (Any cost associated with these documents are at the students expense.
- Work Placement: Approximately 100 hours depending on selection of Elective units
- Students of all abilities are encouraged to apply at any time of the year.
- Prior to enrolment, all applicants will be required to complete an LLN skills check in reading, writing and numeracy assessment to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support needs.
- Enrolment period is 12 months (re-enrolment fees apply)
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work enviroment
CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
CHCCDE003 Work within a community development framework
CHCPOL001 Contribute to the review and development of policies
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
CHCGRP001 Support group activities
CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment
Fees and Skills First Funding are current at time of issue and are subject to change
Fees and refunds will be inline with the AIFL Fees and Refunds Policy and Procedure
For concession details please contact the AIFL
Fees are correct as at 15 January 2019
Enrolment fees excludes GST
* Concession (Commonwealth Health Care Card, Pensioner Card or Veteran’s Gold Card*
* Skills First funding only applies to students eligible for a government funded place