This qualification reflects the role of Allied Health Assistants who provide assistance to Allied Health professionals under predetermined guidelines. Depending on the setting, work may include following treatment plans for therapeutic interventions and/or conducting programs under the regular direct, indirect or remote supervision of an Allied Health professional.
– Allied Health Assistant
– Physiotherapy Assistant
– Medical Imaging Assistant
– Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Theory and some assessments delivered online (requiring reasonable computer skills, internet access, email access and research skills)
- AIFL may offer this qualification in a blended learning mode in selected locations, depending on student numbers
- Trainer and IT support is available throughout your period of enrolment
- Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers will be offered to all students, as part of the PreTraining Review Process
- Work Placement: 80 hours placement in a Allied Health setting is a requirement to complete your qualification. This placement may be offered at Health Services in Victoria (or with an alternative provider, depending on placement availability)
- Prior to enrolment, all applicants will be required to complete a literacy, reading and numeracy assessment to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support needs.
- Please be aware work placement providers may require a current Police Check, Working with Children Check, First Aid and/or immunisation records. (Any cost associated with these documents are the students expense).
- Students of all abilities are encouraged to apply at any time of the year
- This program is offered over 50 weeks (Those eligible for Skills First funding hours are approx: 530 hrs)
CHCCCS010 Maintain a high standard of service
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTAHA001 Assist with an allied health program
HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
CHCCCS002 Assist with movement
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAHA024 Work within a community rehabilitation environment
HLTAHA011 Conduct group sessions for individual client outcomes
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change
Fees and Skills First Funding are current at time of issue and are subject to change
Fees and refunds will be inline with the AIFL Fees and Refunds Policy and Procedure
* * Skills First funding only applies to students eligible for a government funded place
* Enrolment fees excludes GST
* AIFL will endeavour to help find students placement, however placement provision is not guaranteed. Students are expected to be proactive in finding their own placement.