Working in the allied health industry means you’ll be part of a team focused on holistic care. This qualification will provide you with the skills to support allied health professionals, (e.g. physiotherapists, podiatrists, occupational therapists) in their private practices or healthcare facilities. You’ll be interested in not just the medical aspects of health, but how people function and how you can help them maintain independence. As a member of an allied health team, you can make a real difference to people’s lives.
- Leisure and Recruitment Officer
- Personal Care Assistant
- Therapy Assistant
- Podiatry Assistant
- Physiotherapy Assistant
- Speech Pathology Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Allied Health Assistant
- Nutrition Assistant
- Enrolment period is 24 months (re-enrolment fees apply), this course can be completed in 12 months.
- Work placement hours required: 120
- This placement may be offered at Health Services in Victoria (or with an alternative provider, Depending on placement availability.
- Please be aware work placement providers may require a current police check, working with children check, First Aid and/or Immunisation records. (Any costs associated with these documents are at the students expense)
- AIFL may offer this qualification in a blended mode in selected locations, depending on student numbers.
- Trainer and IT support is available throughout your period of enrolment.
- Students of all abilities are encouraged to apply at any time of the year.
- Prior to enrolment, all applicants will be required to complete an LLN skills check in Reading, Writing and Numeracy to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support requirements.
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
9 elective units consisting of at least 6 units from the electives listed below, at least 2 of these units must be coded HLTAHA.
Up to 3 units from any endorsed Training Package or accredited course – these units must be relevant to the work outcome.
Group A Electives – PHYSIOTHERAPY specialisation
HLTAHA003 – Deliver and monitor a client-specific physiotherapy program
HLTAHA005 – Support the delivery and monitoring of physiotherapy programs for mobility
Group C electives – OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY specialisation
HLTAHA010 – Assist with the development and maintenance of client functional status
HLTAHA016 – Support the fitting of assistive equipment
HLTAHA024 – Work within a community rehabilitation environment
HLTAHA001 – Assist with an allied health program
CHCCCS002 – Assist with movement
HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
HLTAHA011 – Conduct group sessions for individual client outcomes
CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
– All group A electives must be selected for award of the certificate IV in Allied Health Assistants (Physiotherapy)
– All group C electives must be selected for award of the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistants (Occupational therapy)
This course is Skills First funded | $9,465 Tuition Fee
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment
Fees and Skills First Funding are current at time of issue and are subject to change Fees and refunds will be inline with the AIFL Fees and Refunds Policy and Procedure
For concession details please contact the AIFL
* Concession (Commonwealth Health Care Card, Pensioner Card or Veteran’s Gold Card
*Skills First funding only applies to students eligible for a government funded place
GST is excluded