This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community-based environments.
Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
- Aged Care Activity Worker
- Care Service Team Leader
- Residential Care Worker
- Theory and some assessments delivered online requiring reasonable computer skills, internet access, email access and research skills
- AIFL may offer this qualification in a blended learning mode in selected locations, depending on student numbers
- Trainer and IT support is available throughout your period of enrolment Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers will be offered to all students, as part of the Pre-Training Review Process
- Work Placement: 120 hours placement in a age care setting is a requirement to complete your qualification. This placement may be offered at a health care service in Victoria (depending on placement availability)
- Please be aware work placement providers may require a current Police Check, Working with Children Check, First Aid and/or immunisation records. (Any cost associated with these documents are the students expense).
- Students of all abilities are encouraged to apply at any time of the year
- This program is offered over 82 weeks (Those eligible for Skills First funding hours are approx: 1250 hrs)
- Prior to enrolment all applicants will be required to complete a literacy, reading and numeracy assessment to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support needs
CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment
Fees and Skills First Funding are current at time of issue and are subject to change
Fees and refunds will be inline with the AIFL Fees and Refunds Policy and Procedure
AIFL will endeavour to help find students placement, however placement provision is not guaranteed. Students are
expected to be proactive in finding their own placement.
** Skills First funding only applies to students eligible for a government funded place
* Enrolment fees excludes GST